Friday, May 11, 2012

I'm Starting a Dream Diary

Dream diaries / journals tend to be made by people who are looking for very deep meanings in their dreams, perhaps prophecies or something. I don't really believe in dreams having that kind of power. I once did, but I've had enough nightmares involving people I know which never came to fruition that I don't think dreams tell me anything meaningful at all. At this point I think dreams are just a way for our brains to do something while almost everything else is in sleep mode.

So the reason I am writing down my dreams is much less grand than the reasons others might have; I am a pretty creative person and my imagination tends to go wild when I dream. I usually have a pretty fair recollection of what I last dreamed, and sometimes even remember bits from the multiple dreams I've had while asleep. I think I should take advantage of this. I used to write them down into text files but as HDs fail I've lost a lot of logs.

I'm starting this journal as an easy way for me to record the stories my brain comes up with when I'm asleep, with the idea that when I get more involved in my writing career I can go through this blog and find some ideas for future films or novels. 


No comments:

Post a Comment